Bluegum Hill Guesthouse, a warm and welcoming double storey house, lovingly decorated to reflect the colours and culture of South Africa.
Breathtaking panoramic views are seen from our open plan kitchen, dining room, top and bottom lounges, large balcony and pool deck, as well as our six well kept, immaculately clean and characterful en-suite bedrooms.
Our 6 bedrooms can accommodate eleven guests...
All our bedrooms offer...
- 3 standard size double bedrooms with Queen, King or Twin beds – all have full en-suite bathrooms with showers and baths.
- 1 medium double bedroom with a double bed and en-suite shower over bath bathroom.
- 1 small double room with double bed and en-suite shower bathroom.
- 1 small single bedroom with en-suite shower bathroom.
The Guesthouse has...
- air conditioner
- mini wall safes
- TV with M-Net
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Electric blankets
- Ceiling fans
- Extra cotton blankets and flat sheets
- Radio-alarm clocks
- Pool towels
- En-suite bathrooms with bath and / or shower.
- Lovely views, and one has an outside patio.
- A large balcony with stunning views
- A tranquil lookout deck with sparkling saltwater pool and thatch top bomas set in a sub-tropical garden.
- Well stocked Honesty Bar with wines, beers, cold drinks, mineral water, spirits and liquors as well as sweet and savoury snacks.
- A considerably wind free location.
Our upstairs lounge is a cosy, communal space where you can relax after an exciting day sightseeing and chat with other guests from all over the world who are also enjoying the wonders of Cape Town.
Our African lounge downstairs opens out to the pool deck and has an "honesty bar" where guests may purchase drinks and snacks.
Breakfast is …
Personally prepared and served by us
A Full English Breakfast with pure fruit juice, creamy yoghurts and cereals.
Bottomless cups of Filter coffee and a selection of teas.
Available mornings from 8 AM to 10 AM.
Served alfresco, out on the balcony, in good weather where you can watch the world wake beneath you.
Complimentary tea, coffee, fruit, biscuits and sweets
Complimentary Sherry in the evenings
Tips on all the best of the local attractions and events in the Cape, all with a smile!
The guesthouse is solely for the use of our guests, offering exclusivity and privacy.
Owner resides on premises but separately, ensuring safety and round the clock assistance.
We welcome children - please specify their age when enquiring. Please note - we have an unprotected swimming pool and a high balcony. We accept no liability for any accidents.
Camp cot can be supplied for babies.
We have 34 steps down to our house – they are wide and safe with a handrail and well lit at night.
Inside the house itself is a spiral staircase to the bottom lounge, bedrooms and pool deck.
Steps outside lead down the side of the house – mainly used to get luggage downstairs.
Check in and out times...
Check into rooms from 2pm onwards - Guests are welcome to come by earlier to drop off luggage.
Check out by 11h00 am on morning of departure - Guests are welcome to leave luggage here till later.